|Priority #:||1331 - Amazon|
|Parked Domain %:||100.0 %|
|Delegation:||05 December 2015|
.safe is a delegated TLD in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Amazon was the sole applicant and it succeeded in delegating the TLD to the Root Zone on 05 December 2015. .SAFE Delegation. Retrieved 10 Dec 2015.
The following is excerpted from the applicant's response to question # 18:
"The .SAFE registry will benefit registrants and internet users by offering a stable and secure foundation for online communication and interaction.
What is the goal of your proposed gTLD in terms of areas of specialty, service levels or reputation? Amazon intends for its new .SAFE gTLD to provide a unique and dedicated platform for stable and secure online communication and interaction. The .SAFE registry will be run in line with current industry standards of good registry practice.
What do you anticipate your proposed gTLD will add to the current space in terms of competition, differentiation or innovation? Amazon values the opportunity to be one of the first companies to own a gTLD. A .SAFE registry will: • Provide Amazon with additional controls over its technical architecture, offering a stable and secure foundation for online communication and interaction. • Provide Amazon a further platform for innovation. • Enable Amazon to protect its intellectual property rights.
- be at least 3 characters and no more than 63 characters long
- not contain a hyphen on the 3rd and 4th position (tagged domains)
- contain only letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens or a combination of these
- start and end with an alphanumeric character, not a hyphen
- not match any character strings reserved by ICANN
- not match any protected country names or geographical terms
- Internationalized domain names (IDN) may be supported in the .SAFE registry at the second level.
- The .SAFE registry will respect third party intellectual property rights.
- .SAFE domains may not be delegated or assigned to third party organizations, institutions, or individuals.
- All .SAFE domains will carry accurate and up-to-date registration records.
Amazon’s Intellectual Property group reserves the right to revoke a license to use a .SAFE domain name, at any time, if any use of a .SAFE domain name violates the Domain Management Policy. Will your proposed gTLD impose any measures for protecting the privacy of confidential information of registrants or users? Yes. Amazon will implement appropriate privacy policies respecting requirements of local jurisdictions. For example, Amazon is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union."