Competition, Consumer Trust & Consumer Choice Review
The Competition, Consumer Trust & Consumer Choice (CCT) Review is a process conducted by ICANN, which reviews how the new gTLD Program has impacted competition, consumer choice and consumer trust. The CCT review is mandated by ICANN's Affirmation of Commitments (AOC) with the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- December 2010 - The ICANN Board asked the GNSO and ALAC to identify metrics to evaluate the New gTLD Program.
- June 2011 - At ICANN 41 in Singapore, a working group was created to come up with the metrics for the CCT Review.
- December 2012 - The working group presented a document including 70 recommended metrics, with proposed definitions and three-year targets.
- September 2013 - The ICANN Board created the Implementation Advisory Group for Competition, Consumer Trust & Consumer Choice (IAG-CCT) to review the metrics and make recommendations based on feasibility, utility and cost-effectiveness.
- September 2014 - The IAG-CCT released its "Final Recommendations on Metrics for CCT Review"
- November 2014 - ICANN contracted global information and measurement company, Nielsen to conduct a study using a subset of the metrics and definitions recommended by the IAG-CCT.
- May 2015 - ICANN announced results from Phase One its multiyear Global Consumer Research Study.
- September 2015 - ICANN releases results for Phase One of its Registrant Survey and Phase One of its Economic Study, conducted by Analysis Group
- December 2015 - ICANN announced the selection of 17 individuals to form the CCT Review Team
CCT Review Team
The CCT Review Team is comprised of members from a variety of geographical regions and areas of expertise. The group consists of six members endorsed by the GNSO, two members endorsed by ALAC, two from the ccNSO, two from the GAC, one representing ICANN's CEO and four independent experts.
Members Representing ICANN SOs or ACs
- Calvin Browne - South Africa - GNSO
- Jordyn Buchanan - USA - GNSO
- Carlos Raul Guiterrez - Costa Rica - GNSO
- Waudo Siganga - Kenya - GNSO
- David Taylor - United Kingdom - GNSO
- Jonathan Zuck - USA - GNSO
- Kaili Kan - China - ALAC
- Carlton Samuels - Jamaica - ALAC
- Megan Richards - Belgium - GAC
- Dejan Djukic - Serbia - ccNSO
- Gaongalelwe G.P. Mosweu - Botswana - ccNSO