→ICANN and Internet Governance Participations
'''Matthias Markus Hudobnik''' is an Austrian jurist and engineer so-called ''legal engineer''. In 2002, as a teenager, he bought his first [[Domain Name|domain name]] and started coding websites. Since then he has been passionate about the development of the [[Internet]].
From August 2018 until December 2019, he was [[EURALO]]’s Co-Chair of the ALAC Sub-Committee on Outreach & Engagement. Since November 2019, Hudobnik serves as the youngest and first Austrian member of the [[At-Large Advisory Committee]] of [[EURALO]], representing [[Internet]] end-users from this region
.<ref name=":2">https://atlarge.icann.org/alac/explore-profiles</ref><ref name=":3">https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/2019+ALAC+and+RALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments</ref>
Hudobniks professional experiences range from Kazakhstan to Poland, Germany, Netherlands, and Austria in the fields of law and technology e.g. judiciary, EU Agency, international law firms, Cyber Security Center, University of Graz, Austrian Embassy - Commercial Section Almaty Office<ref name=":4">https://www.meinbezirk.at/st-veit/c-wirtschaft/kuehnsdorfer-schnuppert-in-fremder-wirtschaft_a1142633</ref>, Mahle GmbH, Office of the Carinthian Government.
* In October 2017, he was selected as an [[NextGen@ICANN#Ambassadors 3|Ambassador]] in the [[NextGen@ICANN]] pogram<ref>https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2017-07-31-en</ref> at [[ICANN 60]] in Abu Dhabi.
* In December 2017, he was nominated by the [[EURALO Individuals' Association]]<ref>https://individualusers.org/our-members-community/</ref> for the [[EURALO]] Board<ref>https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+Board+2017-2019+Workspace</ref> and got the opportunity to attend the [[IGF]] 2018 in Geneva.
* Between 2017/2018, Hudobnik served as a Member of the [[NextGen@ICANN]] Selection Committee for [[ICANN 62]], [[ICANN63]], [[ICANN 64]]. He is a strong supporter of the [[NextGen@ICANN]] program and recently presents to them during [[ICANN Meetings|ICANN meetings]] in the context of engagement opportunities within [[ICANN]].
* In May 2018, he was selected to represent [[EURALO]] as [[CROPP]] funded candidate to attend [[re:publica]] in Berlin focusing on outreach and engagement of individual [[Internet]] users, who are interested in shaping the future of the [[Internet]].
* In June 2018, Hudobnik was selected as a Fellow to participate in the [[EuroDIG]] 2018 in Tbilisi.
* In June 2019, Hudobnik was selected as a Fellow to participate in the [[EuroDIG]] 2019 in The Hague and helped to organize a session about the [[General Data Protection Regulation|GDPR]] Implementation.<ref>https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/GDPR_Implementation_%E2%80%93_Blind_spots,_opportunities,_and_the_way_forward_%E2%80%93_WS_02_2019</ref>
* In November 2019, Hudobnik was selected to represent the [[At-Large Advisory Committee|At-Large]] community e.g. [[EURALO]] as [[CROPP]] funded candidate to attend the [[IGF]] in Berlin. He was booth-leader and in charge of the whole organization of the respective outreach and engagement activities.
* From August 2018 until December 2019, he was [[EURALO]]’s Co-Chair of the [[At-Large Advisory Committee|ALAC]] Sub-Committee on Outreach & Engagement.<ref
* At [[ICANN 66]], Hudobnik guided as a coach in the [[ATLAS III|At-Large Summit III]]<ref>https://community.icann.org/display/ATLAS3/At-Large+Summit+III+Home</ref> and started his term to serve as a Member of the [[At-Large Advisory Committee]] of [[EURALO]].<ref name=":2" /><ref name=":3" />
* In February 2020, Hudobnik participated in the [[Internet governance|Internet Governance]] Next Generation panel at the [[Domain pulse]] 2020 organized by [[nic.at]] in Innsbruck. He talked about diversity in the area of [[Internet governance|Internet Governance]], the importance of new young leaders, and their voices.<ref>https://domainpulse.at/dp2020/schedule?_locale=en</ref><ref>http://www.domainpulse.com/2020/03/31/icann-chair-discusses-the-next-generation-and-internet-governance-and-future-of-the-dns-domain-pulse-2020/</ref><ref>https://www.nic.at/de/news/pressemeldungen/domainpulse2020</ref>
* In June 2020, he participated in the first virtual [[EuroDIG]] 2020 to represent [[EURALO]] and attended the virtual [[ICANN 68]] Policy Forum as part of the [[At-Large Advisory Committee]] of [[EURALO]], focusing on [[Domain Name|domain name]] abuse during COVID-19.<ref>https://meetings.icann.org/en/remote68</ref>
* In July 2020, Hudobnik attended the virtual [[Internet Engineering Task Force|IETF]] 108<ref>https://ietf.org/how/meetings/108/</ref> meeting to strengthen the connection between the [[Internet Engineering Task Force|IETF]] and [[Internet governance|Internet Governance]] community. He engrossed his attendance in the [[Domain Name System]] e.g. Domain Name System Operations<ref>https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/dnsop/about/</ref> and [[privacy]] e.g. Privacy Enhancements and Assessments Research Group<ref>https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/pearg/about</ref> sessions representing the [[At-Large Advisory Committee]].<ref>https://registration.ietf.org/108/participants/remote/</ref>
Moreover, he was part of the UN-Shadowing Program at the [[IAEA]], the 23rd Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court,<ref>https://vismoot.pace.edu/site/previous-moots/23rd-vis-moot</ref> and accomplished the Diploma course of the Global Advancement Programme<ref>http://afa.at/gap/gapstudierende2015.htm</ref> organized by the United Nations Youth and Student Association of Austria - Academic Forum for Foreign Affairs.<ref>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Youth_and_Students_Association_of_Austria</ref>
Media and Publications==
Hudobnik regularly speaks at ICANN meetings and published articles related to Cyberlaw, Cyber Security, Privacy, and Legaltech.
Scientific Production ===
* Article, <em>Is network communitarianism a better regulatory model than cyberpaternalism?</em> GAP-Journal 2015/16<ref>http://afa.at/gap/GAP-Journal-2015-2016.pdf#page=119</ref>
* Presentation, ''Regulation of the Digital Environment'', [[NextGen@ICANN|NextGen@ICANN58]] program<ref>https://static.sched.com/hosted_files/icann58copenhagen2017/60/10.%20NexGen%40ICANN_Matthias%20M.%20Hudobnik.pdf</ref>
* Poster Presentation, Space Law: <em>Austrian Pioneers in Space - Österreich und seine Bedeutung für die Raumfahrt,</em> Symposium: Trends and Challenges of Satellite-Based Earth Observation for Economics and Society, University of Graz<ref>https://static.uni-graz.at/fileadmin/_Persoenliche_Webseite/bruenner_christian/Poster/Austrian_Pioneers_in_Space_02.06.17.pdf</ref>
* Paper Presentation, <em>Regulation in cyberspace?</em> VI International Summer School on Cyber Law, National Research University Higher School of Economics<ref>https://pravo.hse.ru/data/2017/11/24/1160890541/ISSC-Program%202017.pdf</ref>