|Parked Domain %:||43.66 %|
|Delegation:||31 March 2014|
|General Availability:||16 June 2014|
.archi is a gTLD delegated to the DNS Root Zone in ICANN's New gTLD Program on 31 March 2014. Afilias is the registry operator for the gTLD. It was originally managed by Starting Dot until Afilias acquired the company and its rights to .archi and two other gTLDs (.bio and .ski)
.archi is short for architect or architecture depending on the context.
Registration of .archi domain names is restricted to teh architecture community, including:
- registered, certified, or licensed architects
- architecture students
- architecture agencies
- universities and colleges
- other architecture organizations
- members of the International Union of Architects (UIA)
.archi is supported by the Paris-based International Architectural Union (UIA) The UIA, founded in 1948, is an umbrella trade organization, representing more than 1.3 million architects in more than 100 countries.
GAC Early Warning
France issued GAC early warnings to this string and the related .architect string. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members.
The warning notes that architects are a certified and regulated sector in France and asks that the TLD be limited to only legitimate architects.
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 15 April 2014
- Afilias Acquires Premium TLDs .ARCHI, .BIO and .SKI
- About .archi
- About UIA
- CommentDetails, gTLDcomment.ICANN.org
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 10 Feb 2014
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 26 Nov 2012
- Archi FR, GACweb.ICANN.orgRetrieved 26 Nov 2012