|Date Implemented:||29 April 2015|
|Parked Domain %:||76.6 %|
|Delegation:||29 April 2015|
|General Availability:||16 November 2015|
.broker is a new generic top level domain name (gTLD) delegated to the New gTLD Program of ICANN. IG Group Holdings PLC manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 29 April, 2015. It reached General Availability 16 November 2015.
The applicants are:
- IG Group Holdings PLC, a company based in Great Britain. TD Ameritrade filed a Limited Public Interest Objection against this application, as did Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. The IG Group is proposing to run the string as a "closed" registry. The TD Ameritrade objection failed.
- Donuts (Spring North, LLC), The company submitted applications for 307 new gTLDs. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
IG Group Holdings PLC
The application from IG Group Holdings PLC was issued a GAC Early Warning from the representative of Australia and GAC Chair, Heather Dryden. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members. The warning states that the applicant is "seeking exclusive access to a common generic string .. that relates to a broad market sector," which Ms. Dryden notes could have unintended consequences and a negative impact on competition.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 29 Apr 2015
- .BROKER Availability. Retrieved 16 Nov 2015.
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Pending Cases, ICC.ICANN.orgRetrieved 15 May 2013
- Ameritrade Loses .broker Objection, DomainNameWire Retrieved 12 Dec 2013
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- Broker AU, GACweb.ICANN.org