|Date Implemented:||20 May 2015|
|Parked Domain %:||64.15 %|
|Delegation:||04 February 2015|
|General Availability:||20 May 2015|
.chat is an active TLD in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Donuts (Sand Fields, LLC) manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 20 February, 2015. The TLD became generally available May 20, 2015. 
The applicants for the .chat TLD are: 
- Donuts (Sand Fields, LLC), a start-up registry operator that filed for 307 new gTLDs.  This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Top Level Spectrum, Inc., Jay Westerdal, is the president of the company. He is also the founder & CEO of Name Intelligence, a company that offers solutions for centralized domain management and intellectual property protection.
- Radix, .chat is one of 31 applications submitted by the company.
- Famous Four Media (dot Chat Limited), a registry service provider based in Gibraltar that applied for 61 new gTLDs. 
Radix received a GAC Early Warning as an entire applicant, where each one of the applicants was flagged by the U.S. Government. This seems to be the only time a portfolio applicant had all of their applications warned. The issue does not deal with the technical capabilities or thematic content of their applications, but rather the inclusion of an email address associated with the US' Federal Bureau of Investigation. It seems that Radix included correspondence with this address as a recommendation with each of their applications.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 22 February 2015
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- Battles for .chat, .style, .tennis, .bingo, and .sas Are Over By Kevin Murphy, DomainIncite.com; Retrieved 13 Nov 2014
- Famous Four Media Applies For 61 Generic TLD’s...
- RadixReg. GACweb.ICANN.org Retrieved 27 Nov 2012