|PIC Submitted:||Download Here|
|Parked Domain %:||42.1 %|
|Delegation:||23 April 2014|
|General Availability:||13 August 2014|
.clinic is a gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The applicant and now Registry Operator is Donuts (Goose Park, LLC). The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 23 April 2014.
European Commission Communiqué
The European Commission flagged the application for .clinic outside of ICANN's defined remediation processes.
Just after ICANN's GAC issued its Early Warnings, which are advice given from one GAC member country to an applicant warning it of potential issues within its application, the European Commission issued a letter to all applicants within the new gTLD program. The letter highlights 58 applications that "could raise issues of compatibility with the existing legislation .. and/or with policy positions and objectives of the European Union." It notes a desire to open a dialogue with each offending applicant.
The Commission specifically notes that this objection is not a part of the GAC Early Warning process, and goes on to note that "the Commission does not consider itself legally bound to ICANN processes," given that there is not legal agreement between the two bodies.
Delegation and Availability
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 30 May 2014
- DomainIncite.com/Docs Published 27 Nov 2012, Retrieved 11 Dec 2012
- Europe Rejects ICANNs Authority As it Warns of Problems with 58 New gTLDs, DomainIncite.com Published 27 Nov 2012, Retrieved 11 Dec 2012
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 30 May 2014