|Registry:||Charleston Road Registry Inc.|
|Registry Backend:||Google Corporation|
|Date Implemented:||18 Dec 2014|
|Priority #:||165 - Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)|
|Parked Domain %:||50.0 %|
|Delegation:||18 December 2014|
.docs is a delegated generic top level domain name (gTLD) with ICANN's new gTLD expansion program. Charleston Road Registry (Google) manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 18 December, 2014.
- Charleston Road Registry Inc.- The application for the gTLD was confirmed in the official Google blog posted by Vinton Cerf, chief internet evangelist. The proposed .docs TLD falls under Google's core business category.  The search engine giant applied for 101 TLDs under this company name. 
In July 2014, Microsoft withdrew their application for the .docs TLD. It is not known if this action was a result of an auction or some other type of private deal, but Google is now the sole applicant for the string.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 26 Mar 2015
- Expanding the Internet domain space
- Online Marketing Firm fishbat Inc., Breaks Down the ICANN gTLD Announcement
- Google Bids for 101 Top Level Domains...
- Google Beats Microsoft to Docs 30 July 2014; Kevin Murphy, DomainIncite; Retrieved 01 August 2014