|Registry:||Top Level Domain Holdings|
493 - Donuts (Big Dynamite, LLC)
516 - Top Level Domain Holdings
|Parked Domain %:||36.78 %|
|Delegation:||06 December 2014|
|General Availability:||15 April 2015|
.fashion is a new generic top-level domain targeted to fashion industry professionals and enthusiasts as well as for use in specialty applications including photographer, designer and model portfolios.
.fashion was delegated on 6 December 2014, and launched into GA on 15 April 2015.
The .fashion top-level domain (TLD) is an open TLD, open to all, and offers fashion, clothing and footwear brands and businesses a unique opportunity to strengthen their web presence. By creating a memorable, unique address, .fashion strongly ties individuals and brands to the concept of fashion. The domain works equally well across a variety of applications: it could be used for a clothing brand’s online store, a model’s portfolio page, a photographer’s online flip-book, a cosmetics brand’s web presence, and much more.
- MMX, also known as Minds + Machines- It is one of 68 new gTLD applications filed for by the company on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Famous Four Media (Diamond Registry Limited)- This is one of the 61 new gTLDs applied by the company. 
- Donuts (Big Dynamite, LLC)- Is the company with the largest number of new gTLD applications; a total of 307 strings. Donuts created a separate LLC to submit its application for each domain name string including Big Dynamite, LLC for .family. Its investment for application fees alone was $56 million. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Uniregistry, Corp.- a new company established by Frank Schilling, a domain name investor who personally invested $60 million in the company to apply for 54 new gTLDs.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- Famous Four Media Applies For 61 Generic TLD’s...
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- Uniregistry Corp. applies for 54 new top-level domains...
- Ten more New gTLD Contests Settled in Auction, DomainIncite Retrieved 3 June 2014
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013