481 - Top Level Domain Holdings
|Parked Domain %:||61.31 %|
|Delegation:||25 December 2014|
|General Availability:||07 April 2015|
Sunrise and General Availability
.Flowers entered it General Availability period on April 7, 2015
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd.It is one of 68 applications filed by the company on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Donuts (Fern Willow, LLC)- This is one of the 307 new gTLD application filed by the company. Donuts created Fern Willow, LLC to specifically apply for the .flower string. Daniel Schindler, co-founder and EVP for Marketing & Sales, is the main contact person in the application.  This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Piper Ventures, LLC- Its application was submitted by FairWinds Partners, a gTLD consultancy firm headed by managing partners Joshua Borne and Phil Lodico.
In September 2014, all applicants except Uniregistry withdrew their applications of the string. This was due to an assumed private deal for an undisclosed amount.
Piper Ventures, LLC
The application from Piper Ventures, LLC was issued a GAC Early Warning from the representative of Australia and GAC Chair, Heather Dryden. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members.
The warning states that the applicant is "seeking exclusive access to a common generic string .. that relates to a broad market sector," which Ms. Dryden notes could have unintended consequences and a negative impact on competition.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 03 Apr 2015
- Uniregistry Corp. applies for 54 new top-level domains...
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- Uniregistry Beats 1-800-Flowers.com to .flowers by Kevin Murphy DomainIncite; Retrieved 12 Sept 2014
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- Flowers AU, GACweb.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013