|PIC Submitted:||Download Here|
|Priority #:||1735 - Donuts (Pioneer Willow, LLC)|
|Parked Domain %:||68.27 %|
|Delegation:||29 April 2014|
|General Availability:||10 September 2014|
.insure is a gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The applicant and now Registry Operator is Donuts (Pioneer WIllow, LLC). Their application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 29 April 2014.
The application was issued a GAC Early Warning from the representative of Australia and GAC Chair, Heather Dryden. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members. The warning states that the TLD refers to a regulated market but that the applicant has not provided for adequate measures to protect from consumer harm.
The Financial Services Roundtable filed a community objection against this application, as did the American Insurance Association. The objection by the former organization was later withdrawn. On 14 Jan 2014 it was determined that the applicant prevailed in the objection submitted by the American Insurance Association, allowing Donuts to proceed with this application.
Delegation and Availability
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 30 May 2014
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- Insure AU, GACweb.ICANN.org
- Pending Cases, ICC.ICANN.orgRetrieved 15 May 2013
- Objection Determinations, ICANN.org Retrieved 17 Jan 2014
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 30 May 2014