|Date Implemented:||25 March 2015|
|Priority #:||623 - |
967 - Donuts (New Frostbite, LLC)
|Parked Domain %:||61.38 %|
|Delegation:||25 March 2015|
|General Availability:||26 August 2015|
.movie is a TLD delegated in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Donuts (New Frostbite, LLC) manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 25 March, 2015.
- Motion Picture Domain Registry Pty Ltd
- Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- Famous Four Media (dot Movie Limited), has applied for 61 TLDs. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Donuts (New Frostbite, LLC), applied for 307 TLDs. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Radix (Webdeus Inc.), a subisdiary of Directi, which has submitted 31 TLD applications. WITHDRAWN. First applicant to drop out of contention set, May 2013.
- Dish DBS Corporation - Their application was the first "closed generic" TLD to be withdrawn after ICANN put a hold on their implementation.
- STRAAT Investments, the parent company of .co Internet submitted an application with the internet governing body to become the registry operator of the TLD. .Movie is one of the 13 new gTLDs applied for by the company. 
GAC Early Warnings
The applications from Amazon and Dish DBS Corporation were both issued a GAC Early Warning from the representative of Australia and GAC Chair, Heather Dryden. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members.
The warning states that the applicant is "seeking exclusive access to a common generic string .. that relates to a broad market sector," which Ms. Dryden notes could have unintended consequences and a negative impact on competition.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 03 Apr 2015
- Famous Four Media Applies for 61, TheDomains.com
- Afilias Dumps Mail bid and Three Other New gTLD Withdrawals, DomainIncite.com Retrieved 15 May 2013
- Parent company of .Co Internet applies for 13 top level domains (here’s the list)
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- Movie AU GACWeb.ICANN.orgRetrieved 25 Nov 2012.
- Auction Schedule ICANN.org; Retrieved 25 Sept 2014