|Email:||Avri.Doria [at] ltu.se|
Avri Doria is a current member of the ICANN Board. She is a contractual researcher, and is the current Principal Researcher with Technicalities, a research group supporting human rights and public interest concerns. Since June 2012 she has been a Policy & Governance Advisor with dotgay LLC. On September 1, 2017 ICANN's NomCom announced that Doria was selected for the ICANN Board of Directors.
She has been involved with ICANN and GNSO since 2005. In 2005 she was elected to the GNSO Council to represent the NCSG. In 2013 she served as a member of the ATRT. She has previously served as the chair of the GNSO Council as a Nomcom appointee to the Council and the NCSG Executive Committee. She was appointed to the ICANN Board by the NomCom in 2017, and again in 2020. 
ICANN Ethos Award
In June 2014 at ICANN 50 in London, Avri was announced as the first-ever recipient of the ICANN Multistakeholder Ethos Award. The award is given to a community member in recognition of his/her work in ICANN groups, programs, and participation in the Internet Governance community in general. Avri was recognized for her work in ICANN Working Groups and various constituencies as well as her participation in IGF, IETF, ISOC, and others.
- She received her BA in Philosophy from the University of Rhode Island in 1978.
- In 1979 she completed her MA in Philosophy with a Concentration on Cognitive Studies from the University of Chicago.
- In 2001 she received an MA in Counseling Psychology from Rhode Island College.
- She is a teacher at the various International Schools for Internet governance
- She is an affiliate of the Association for progressive Community (APC) and volunteers with the APC on a contractual basis.
- She works part-time on civil society organization issues and policy/governance on the dotgay LLC community application for .gay
- She has worked part-time for PIR on their application for the .NGO and .ONG community application
- She was employed by the IGF Secretariat as a part-time consultant for 5 years.
- She has been an adjunct professor at the Luleå University of Technology from 2007 - 2011.
- She was a visiting researcher at Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (2003-2004).
- Avri was the Director IP Routing at Nortel Networks.
- Chief Architect of Routing and Policy Management at Internet Communications from 1999-2000,
- Sr. Scientist (1996 – 1999) at General DataComm Corp.
- President at Revenant Networks 
- Sr. Consulting Engineer at Network Systems Corp. from 1995-1996
- Engineering Manager at Proteon in 1995.
Avri Doria is the author and co-author of many publications:
- Levels of Aggregation in Flow Switched Networks
- Wavelength Router as a Transport Platform for IP
- Movement from Monoliths to Component-Based Network Elements
- Inter-domain Routing Stability Measurement
- RFC3292 General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) V3
- RFC3293 GSMP Packet Encapsulations for ATM, Ethernet and TCP
- RFC 3294 General Switch Management Protocol Applicability
- Providing connectivity to the Sámi nomadic community
- Probabilistic Routing in Intermittently Connected Networks
- Indigenous Women in Scandinavia and a Potential Role for ICT
- WSIS, WGIG, Technology and Technologists
- Human rights and the role of Civil Society in WSIS, WGIG and Beyond
- The IETF as a model for the IGF
- RFC5866 - Diameter Quality of Service Application
- RFC 6041: Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Applicability Statement
- RFC 6385: General Area Review Team Experiences
- Policy Implications of Future Network Architecture and Technology
- RFC 6693: Probabilistic Routing Protocol for Intermittently Connected Networks
- Human Rights and Internet Protocols: Comparing Processes and Principles
- The Use and Abuse of multistakeholderism in Internet governance
Full Annotated bibliography at http://psg.com/~avri/papers/