Mactar Seck is an Economic Affairs Officer at the Subregional Office for Eastern Africa. He is a senior researcher, and has researched image compression systems and also developed one. He was appointed as the executive secretary of the Supreme Council of Industry of Senegal in 1998.
Mactar has worked in Engineer and design group TDF-C2R, France Telecom (France) from 1991 to 1993. He was a Researcher at SONATEL (National Telecommunications Company of Senegal) from 1994 to 1995; he became Head of Forecasting and Innovation at SONATEL in 1995. From 1996 to 1998 he was the Head of the Department of Teleservices at SONATEL. He is the main rapporteur for ITU-D.
Mactar has participated extensively in the development of ICT in Africa. He attended workshops related to the Information Society in Rwanda on 18-19 May, 2006. He participated in a summit of leaders interested in ICT development in Africa held in Rwanda on 29-30 October, 2007. Mactar participated in the 2008 ICANN meeting in Paris. He took part in The Second Science with Africa Conference. Other recent meetings and conferences he was present inlude
- UNECA meeting in Kigali, Rwanda on 25-26 October, 2010.
- EAIGF conference on 11 August, 2010.
- Meeting on the validation of the African charter on statistics in Kigali, Rwanda on 4–6 June, 2007.
- United Nations Regional Commissions Open Forum on 14 November, 2007.
- Workshop Study Tour on Transport and Trade Facilitation and Promotion of Intra-African Trade held on 28-30 April 2010 in Dar Es Salam, Tanzania.
- Meeting of the EAC task force on cyber laws held on 28-30 March, 2011 in Mombasa, Kenya.
- Plenipotentiary Conference, 2002.