|Registry Provider:||Demand Media|
|PIC Submitted:||Download Here|
|Priority #:||1584 - Donuts (Pine Fest, LLC)|
|Parked Domain %:||63.37 %|
|Delegation:||27 January 2014|
|General Availability:||11 June 2014|
Saudi Arabia's Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) filed an objection against the TLD, on the grounds that it might also be used by pornographic sites. The objection was filed in the Applicant Comment Forum and was taking into consideration by the Initial Evaluation panels when reviewing this application.
Many of Donuts' applications, including this one, seem to have been applied for using the same boiler-plate application in which the TLD is defined as a means of providing greater expression on the Internet and will be an open TLD without pre-registration policies. It notes its plans to adhere with all registration policies required by ICANN and its intent to have remediation and takedown policies clearly defined to fit within these requirements. Pre-registration verification will not be used and this as defined as causing "more harm than benefit by denying domain access to legitimate registrants." They intend to control abuse through "extensive user and rights protections."
Delegation and Availability
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 29 Jan 2014
- Saudi Arabia opposes .gay internet domain name, bbc.com
- ApplicationDetails, gTLDresult.ICANN.orgRetrieved 12 Dec 2012
- Donuts Portfolio Swells as ICANN Signs 31 New gTLD Contracts, DomainIncite Retrieved 06 Dec 2013