|Registry:||Charleston Road Registry Inc.|
|Registry Backend:||Google Corporation|
1065 - Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
|Parked Domain %:||40.37 %|
|Delegation:||18 December 2014|
|General Availability:||28 February 2019|
.dev is a proposed generic top level domain name (gTLD) in ICANN's new gTLD expansion program. Sunrise (trademark holder) registrations start on 2019-01-16, followed by an Early Access Program (descending-price auction) starting on 2019-02-19, and then General Availability on 2019-02-28.
- Amazon- The company has applied for 76 new gTLDS, including .dev, through its office in Luxembourg.
Amazon withdrew their application for the .dev TLD in July 2014 after an assumed private deal or auction that left Google as the only applicant for the string. Google also won .drive in the same month against Amazon, while Amazon became the sole applicant for .you and .talk after Google withdrew.
Name Collision Issues
In October 2013 ICANN released their final assessment and mitigation plan for the Name Collision issue that was facing the New gTLD program. On 18 November 2013, ICANN announced the applied-for strings that were eligible for an alternative path towards delegation that would allow applicants to proceed without waiting for further mitigation research and plans to be published. 25 strings, including .dev, were not eligible for the alternative path, and will have to wait for more plans to be published before continuing towards delegation.
- Google applied for 101 New Domains
- Amazon could own .book as domains up for grabs
- Amazon and Google Deal on .talk, .play, .drive and others Kevin Murphy, 26 July 2014; DomainIncite; Retrieved 01 August 2014
- Announcement 17 Nov 13, ICANN.org Retrieved 20 Feb 2014