|Date Implemented:||02 July 2014|
|Parked Domain %:||57.91 %|
|Delegation:||02 July 2014|
|General Availability:||24 September 2014|
.direct is a delegated top level domain name (TLD) in ICANN's new gTLD expansion program. Donuts manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 02 July, 2014.
- Dish DBS Corporation - The company operates the Dish Network offering direct broadcast satellite to millions of customers in the United States. The company applied for the string as Brand gTLD.
A Legal Rights Objection, as defined by the ICANN approved mediator, WIPO, is when, "third parties may file a formal objection to an application on several grounds, including, for trademark owners and Intergovernmental Organizations (IGOs) [..] When such an objection is filed, an independent panel (comprised of one or three experts) will determine whether the applicant’s potential use of the applied-for gTLD would be likely to infringe [..] the objector’s existing trademark, or IGO name or acronym."
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Mar 2015
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- Company Overview
- DirecTV Beat Dish Network as Legal Rights Objection on New gTLD Direct is Upheld Published & Retrieved 8 Aug 2013
- LRO Cases, WIPO.int
- LRO, WIPO.int Retrieved 25 March 2013