|Registry:||Top Level Domain Holdings|
|Date Implemented:||13 December 2014|
1246 - Uniregistry, Corp.
1658 - Top Level Domain Holdings
|Parked Domain %:||49.98 %|
|Delegation:||13 December 2014|
|General Availability:||15 April 2015|
.garden is a TLD delegated in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Top Level Domain Holdings manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 13 December, 2014.
.Garden is a generic top-level domain targeted to the gardening industries including gardeners, bloggers, and horticulture equipment and materials manufacturers.
.Garden web addresses are bringing together horticulturists across the globe. Whether you’re a maker of garden tools, a fertilizer brand, or a gardener with a blog, a .garden address is the best way to quickly associate your brand with gardening in the mind of your visitors. Plus, .garden domains are easy to remember, so a .garden domain name can build your audience and increase your web traffic organically.
Getting a .garden address is a great way for you to show off your passion about gardening and to strengthen your brand recognition. Whether it’s in the URL bar, in your email address, or on your bumper stickers and t-shirts, a .garden address looks good - just like your garden.
Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. (TLDH)- It is one of 68 applications that the company has filed for on its own behalf. In its application, TLDH presented facts that there is a significant population worldwide engaged in gardening. The company believes that the TLD is beneficial for those involved in the gardening sector to connect with each other and share methods, tips, knowledge and expertise in gardening. The back-end registry services will be provided by its wholly-owned subsidiary company, Minds + Machines.  This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Donuts (Brice Maple, LLC)- This is one of the 307 new gTLDs filed by the company. A company was formed by Donuts to file its application for each TLD including Brice Maple, LLC for .garden. Donuts raised $100 million capital from various investors to support its registry business. The company invested $56 million for its application fees alone. Donuts main objective is to operate .garden TLD in accordance with the purpose of the New gTLD Program- to promote competition, innovation and to provide an opportunity for internet users interested in establishing an online identity within .garden TLD. Donuts partnered with Demand Media to provide its back-end registry services. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Uniregistry, Corp.- The company believes that the .garden TLD is meaningful and beneficial for individuals engaged in the garden sector such as professional gardening suppliers, landscape designers, gardeners as well as garden hobbyists. It will give them the opportunity to create their own identity specific to the type or service, products or contents they are offering for their target audience. Uniregistry plans to operate .garden as a specialized TLD with a flat price for domain names, fixed renewal cost, and no price increase within the first five years of operation. The Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) will handle the company's back-end registry services.  Uniregistry is headed by Frank Schilling, a domain name investor. He personally invested $60 million in the company to apply for 54 new gTLDs. 
Private Auction Resolves Contention
Both Donuts and Uniregistry withdrew their applications after an April 2014 private auction that was administered by Applicant Auction, in which TLDH (Minds and Machines) won the rights to the string.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 03 Apr 2015
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- TLDH >garde Application
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- Donuts .Garden application
- Uniregistry Application for .Garden
- Uniregistry Corp. applies for 54 new top-level domains...
- Millions spent on New gTLDs as 11 contention sets settled, DomainIncite Retrieved 01 May 2014
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013