|Manager:||Ville de Paris (City of Paris)|
|Registry Provider:||AFNIC-CORE Partnership|
|Registry:||City of Paris|
|Parked Domain %:||66.3 %|
|Delegation:||19 April 2014|
|General Availability:||02 December 2014|
.paris is a new GeoTLD proposal from Ville de Paris (City of Paris) to ICANN's new gTLD expansion program to serve as a dedicated online space for Paris to promote its businesses, culture and tourism. The .paris TLD initiative was developed in 2007 by Sébastien Bachollet, a French citizen and a member of the ICANN Board, and other French ICANN regulars.
The City of Paris announced its plan to apply for the .paris TLD in June 2008. INDOM served as consultant for the .paris project, which was launched by Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoë and Deputy Mayor Jean-Louis Missika in 2009. They also launched a website and a PR and communications campaign to encourage the Parisian community to support the project. Also applying for .paris is Jeffrey Walter, owner of Parvi.org, who Ville de Paris filed a UDRP against in 2009. Walter sued to stop the transfer, stating that Paris was attempting reverse domain name hijacking. In July 2012, a U.S. federal district court entered a default judgment against Ville de Paris, of $100,000 for reverse domain name hijacking and tortious interference. They were also ordered to pay an additional $26,830 in attorney's fees and costs.
Following the launching of the .paris project, the City of Paris selected AFNIC & CORE to provide technical support for the .paris TLD application to ensure its approval by ICANN. AFNIC is a non-profit organization serving as the registry operator for France's country code top level domain name (.fr) and several French territories including .re (Reunion Island), .yt (Mayotte), .wf (Wallis and Futuna), .tf (French Southern Territories) and .pm (Saint-Pierre and Miquelon). CORE is a Swiss-based non-profit organization offering registrar services accredited by ICANN.  
- The .Paris A Real Project. DomainesInfo.
- Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoë and Deputy Mayor Jean-Louis Missika launch .PARIS. New gTLDS, Stephane Van Gelder. Published 2009 December 10.
- DotParis official website now open. New gTLDS, Stephane Van Gelder. Published 2009 December 9.
- Cest Quoi Le Paris. Soutenonspointparis.fr
- City of Paris ordered to pay $100k for reverse domain name hijacking. Published 2012 September 17. Retrieved 2012 November 15.
- AFNIC/CORE chosen by the Ville de Paris to manage the .paris extension. Afnic. Published 2009 October 2.
- About CORE. CORE.