260 - Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
1367 - Top Level Domain Holdings
|Parked Domain %:||59.53 %|
|Delegation:||16 March 2015|
|General Availability:||15 July 2015|
- Radix (DotSite Inc.), one of 31 applications submitted by the company
- Interlink (UrbanBrain)
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd., one of 68 applications submitted by the company on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- Donuts (Corn Mill, LLC) one of 307 TLDs applied for by the company. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
Radix received a GAC Early Warning as an entire applicant, where each one of the applicants was flagged by the U.S. Government. This seems to be the only time a portfolio applicant had all of their applications warned. The issue does not deal with the technical capabilities or thematic content of their applications, but rather the inclusion of an email address associated with the US' Federal Bureau of Investigation. It seems that Radix included correspondence with this address as a recommendation with each of their applications.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
Name Collision Issues
In October 2013 ICANN released their final assessment and mitigation plan for the Name Collision issue that was facing the New gTLD program. On 18 November 2013, ICANN announced the applied-for strings that were eligible for an alternative path towards delegation that would allow applicants to proceed without waiting for further mitigation research and plans to be published. 25 strings, including .site, were not eligible for the alternative path, and will have to wait for more plans to be published before continuing towards delegation.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 17 Mar 2015
- Another 11 New gTLDs Won at Auction DomainIncite; By Kevin Murphy; Retrieved 13 Nov 2014
- RadixReg. GACweb.ICANN.org Retrieved 27 Nov 2012
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013
- Announcement 17 Nov 13, ICANN.org Retrieved 20 Feb 2014