|Registry Provider:||Demand Media|
|PIC Submitted:||Download Here|
|Priority #:||1073 - Donuts (Wild Willow, LLC)|
|Parked Domain %:||53.85 %|
|Delegation:||28 December 2013|
|General Availability:||26 March 2014|
.training is an active gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The Registry and manager of the TLD is Donuts (Wild Willow, LLC). Their proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 29 December, 2013.
Many of Donuts' applications, including this one, seem to have been applied for using the same boiler-plate application in which the TLD is defined as a means of providing greater expression on the Internet and will be an open TLD without pre-registration policies. It notes its plans to adhere with all registration policies required by ICANN and its intent to have remediation and takedown policies clearly defined to fit within these requirements. Pre-registration verification will not be used and this as defined as causing "cause more harm than benefit by denying domain access to legitimate registrants." They intend to control abuse through "extensive user and rights protections."
Delegation and Availability
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Ninja Springs to Life as a Squirrel as 19 New gTLDs get Delegated, DomainIncite Retrieved 30 Dec 2013
- ApplicationDetails, gTLDresult.ICANN.orgRetrieved 12 Dec 2012
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 11 Nov 2013
- TLD Startup Information, ICANN.org Retrieved 24 January 2014