|Registry:||Registry Services, LLC|
|Priority #:||213 - Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)|
503 - VIP Registry Pte. Ltd.
683 - Top Level Domain Holdings
743 - Donuts (John Corner, LLC)
1567 - I-REGISTRY Ltd., Niederlassung Deutschland
|Parked Domain %:||71.71 %|
|Delegation:||25 November 2015|
|General Availability:||17 May 2016|
- Top Level Design Holding Ltd. - .vip is one of 68 applications that Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. has filed for on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- I-REGISTRY Ltd., Niederlassung Deutschland
- Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- Donuts (John Corner, LLC), one of 307 TLDs applied for by the company. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- VIP Registry Pte. Ltd.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
A Legal Rights Objection, as defined by the ICANN approved mediator, WIPO, is when, "third parties may file a formal objection to an application on several grounds, including, for trademark owners and Intergovernmental Organizations (IGOs) [..] When such an objection is filed, an independent panel (comprised of one or three experts) will determine whether the applicant’s potential use of the applied-for gTLD would be likely to infringe [..] the objector’s existing trademark, or IGO name or acronym."
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013
- LRO Cases, WIPO.int
- LRO, WIPO.int Retrieved 25 March 2013