|Welcome to ICANNWiki||
|Featured in the ICANN 47 - Durban playing card deck|
2020 in Review
- ICANN announced that all 1,195 generic top-level domains (gTLDs) have deployed Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC).
- WHOIS replacement inched forward.
- The government of Niue launched proceedings with ICANN to reclaim .nu as its ccTLD.
- ICANN Board withheld consent for a change of control of Public Interest Registry from Internet Society to Ethos Capital.
- GoDaddy Acquired (in chronological order) Over, Uniregistry, Neustar, Skyverge, and Poynt.
- Donuts acquired Afilias.
- COVID-19 makes working from home the norm, accelerating cyberattacks and the difficulty of managing cybersecurity. For instance, many employees at GoDaddy, currently the world's largest domain registrar and web-hosting company, recently failed the company's controversial phishing email test, and WIPO announced that it had registered its 50,000th cybersquatting case, contributing to an 11% jump in reported incidents from 2019.
ICANNWiki is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Internet community's collaborative development of wiki articles on ICANN and Internet Governance-related topics. The wiki provides neutral, third-party information for ICANN meeting attendees and Internet citizens at large. It is an open platform grounded in wiki values. Want to help? Create an account today!
ICANNWiki is not ICANN. ICANNWiki is a separate non-profit organization independent from ICANN. This website is operated by the ICANNWiki organization and any donations made to the ICANNWiki website are for the ICANNWiki organization only.
ICANNWiki is a nonprofit organisation dedicated to providing a community developed wiki on ICANN and Internet Governance. We specialize in outreach, engagement and accessibility. Our mission to "give everyone a voice in the future of the internet" by providing educational resources, workshops and building a strong sense of community. (Learn More...)
ICANN69, the 2020 Annual General Meeting, was virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 22nd AGM took place online from October 17 to 22, 2020 in the Hamburg, Germany time zone (UTC+2), which was where the meeting was originally scheduled. The policy outlook report for ICANN69 can be found here. ICANN 69 By the Numbers (PDF Download) provides participation statistics and other technical data.