Asha Hemrajani is a senior corporate executive and consultant with more than two decades of experience in management consulting and in the mobile communications industry. She was an ICANN Board member from October 2014 to November 2017.
Asha was born and raised in Hong Kong. She was educated in Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Singapore. She received her degree in electrical engineering from Lafayette College and later completed the Stanford University Graduate School of Business Executive Program in International Management. Asha is also a member of the Institute of Directors in Hong Kong as well as Singapore.
Asha's early work included a mobile radio network design, planning, optimization, performance evaluation and large-scale project management with Hutchison Telecom, a telecommunications provider in Hong Kong. She later focused on infrastructure technologies at Nokia and Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN). In her various roles at Nokia, she continued covering network design and planning, plus business development, infrastructure marketing, and sales for the Asia Pacific and the Greater China regions. Asha served as head of global sales for the NSN's 3G/WCDMA wireless infrastructure business line. She later held the position of head of business development for 4G/LTE Radio Programs. Since 2014, she has been an adviser to Business Evaluation Centre, a Singapore-based management consultancy. Asha is a court-appointed mediator in the State Courts of Singapore and with the Singapore Mediation Centre.
Asha was selected by the Nominating Committee to serve on the ICANN Board in 2014.
- Asha Hemrajani: International Contributors Editorial Board - Telecom, ICA Institute
- Biographies of the 2014 NomCom Selected Nominees, ICANN
- NSN adds spice to GTI Bangkok with TD-LTE solutions for 1000x capacity (December 10, 2013), Nokia
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Asha Hemrajani: ICANN Board Member, ICANN. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- ↑ ICANN board getting three new directors by Kevin Murphy (September 12, 2014), Domain Incite. Retrieved October 28, 2015.