|Philip Smith, Chair|
APIA (Asia Pacific Internet Association) is a non-profit trade organization dedicated to developing and enhancing the interest of the internet community in the Asia Pacific Region.
The primary mission of APIA is to promote an efficient, stable and sustainable human resource infrastructure for the development of internet within the Asia Pacific region and to ensure the stability of the Asia Pacific Regional Internet Conference on Operational Technologies (APRICOT).
The specific objectives of APIA are enumerated in the organizations Bylaws. Some of these are:
- Development of industry procedures, mechanisms, policies, standards, and guidelines for effective and efficient operation of Internet-related services.
- Facilitate and negotiate industry-wide agreements on common business issues of Internet-related services.
- Develop and promote policies and positions in the best interest of the Members and represent these interests in relevant bodies.
- Provide and promote educational opportunities that will enhance and empower technical and policy understanding of the Internet.
- Build, maintain, and publish relevant industry data for Members.
Board of Directors
- Philip Smith, Chair
- Paul Wilson, Vice-Chair
- Ole Jacobsen, Secretary
- Gaurab Raj Upadhaya, Treasurer
- Jian Zhang
- Mark Tinka
- Matsuzaki Yoshinobu
- APstar organizations
- IAJapan (Internet Association Japan)
- APNIC (Asia Pacific Network Information Center)
- SANOG (South Asia Network Operators Group)