|Email:||axel.pawlik [at] ripe.net|
Axel Pawlik is currently the Managing Director of RIPE NCC. He was appointed to this position in October, 1999. RIPE NCC is one of the five RIRs that deals with the allocation and administration of IP Addresses within Europe.
- 1985-1992: Axel was employed at the University of Dortmund, where he was an important contributor to the creation of UNIX networking within Germany. During this period, he was also an active member of the Board of German UNIX Users Group, also referred to as GUUG.
- 1988 - 1991: He was the Vice-Chairman of the EUnet Executive Committee, there he led the creation of EUnet Ireland Ltd, which aimed to strengthen the hosting of national EUnet networks throughout Europe.
- 1992: Axel founded and launched EUnet Deutschland GmbH. This company was mainly focused on providing Internet services, and soon became a popular leader at the European level.
- 1994-1995: Axel Pawlik was made Chairman of the Board of EUnet Ltd.
- 1999-2019: Axel Pawlik became the Managing Director at RIPE NCC.
- 2019: Axel Pawlik steps down as the Managing Director at RIPE NCC.
Axel Pawlik holds a bachelor degree from the University of Dortmund, Germany. He also holds a master degree in Computer Science.