Mr. Barrack Otieno is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees at Dot Africa Foundation. He is also the Administrative Manager of Africa top Level Domains Organisation. He is a Management Information Systems graduate of the Multi Media University College of Kenya. Mr. Otieno has served at the United Nations Internet Governance Forum Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland as a Fellow and was involved in the preparation of the Fifth and Sixth Internet governance fora in Vilnius Lithuania and Nairobi Kenya. He was also a Commonwealth Fellow to the fourth Internet Governance Forum in Sharm El Sheikh Egypt in 2009. In addition, he has also been an active participant in the Kenya and East African Internet governance fora for the last four years through the Kenya ICT Action Network. He is also involved in local, regional and international standards development for the International Standards Organization (ISO 27000 series on Information Security Management ) through the Kenya Bureau of standards Technical Committee on IT Security where he represents the Computer Society of Kenya. Mr. Otieno is also part of the management team of Afriregister Ltd, one of the ICANN accredited registrars in Africa with operations in Burundi, Nairobi Kenya and the United Kingdom.
- Fellow Commonwealth Internet Governance Forum 2009
- Fellow United Nations Internet Governance Forum 2010
- Licenciate Member Institute for the Management of Information Systems
- Member Computer Society of Kenya.
- Member ISO IEC JTC 1 SC 27 mirror committee on IT security Kenya Bureau of Standards.
- Founding Member Project Discovery
He is also a member of the Steering Committee, which was established to provide leadership and oversight for the application and launch process for the .africa TLD, as a representative for AfTLD and Kenya.
- ICANN 47 Interview. ICANNWiki. Retrieved 2013 July 15.