Between 1980 and 2000, Lanvin worked in various senior roles at the UN, including head of Strategic Planning at the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
From 2000 to 2007, he worked in multiple roles for the World Bank, which included Senior Advisor for E-strategies, Regional Coordinator (Europe and Central Asia) for ICT and e-government issues and Chairman of the Bank's e-Thematic Group. From June 2001 to December 2003, he was the Manager of the Information for Development Program (infoDev)
From 2007 to 2012, he was the Executive Director of INSEAD’s eLab, managing teams in Paris, Singapore and Abu Dhabi..
Currently, he is the Executive Director at INSEAD's Global Indices program and also at INSEAD's European Competitiveness Initiative (IECI). He is a member of the Board of Directors at the InfoComm Development Authority of Singapore. He is also a commissioner at the Broadband Commission for Digital Development.
He joined the Board of Directors at ICANN in November 2013.
Lanvin holds a BA in Mathematics and Physics from the University of Valenciennes (France) an MBA from the École des Hautes Études Commerciales in Paris and a PhD from the University of Paris I (La Sorbonne).
Work with ICANN
He speaks French, English, Spanish, with practical knowledge of Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and basic Chinese.
- ICANN Board Terms
- ICANN Bruno Lanvin biography Retrieved 3rd December 2014.
- INSEAD Global Business Leaders speaker biography
- Bruno Lanvin LinkedIn profile Retrieved December 3rd 2014.
- Economist replaces de la Chapelle on ICANN Board Domainincite, published September 3rd 2013; retrieved December 3rd 2014.
- INSEAD Global Business Leaders conference 2013 speaker biography, INSEAD, retrieved 3rd December 2014.
- Economist replaces de la Chapelle on ICANN Board Domainincite, published September 3, 2013; retrieved December 3, 2014.
- ICANN Bruno Lanvin profile Retrieved 3rd December 2014.