|Email:||catherine.gabay [at] francetelecom.fr|
Catherine Gabay is the Director of Regulatory and Public Affairs at FREE MOBILE.
She has a Master of Science from the Imperial College, London (1998).In 1987, Catherine Gabay received a Masters degree in electronic engineering, with a specialization in control systems, from theEcole Supérieure d’Electricité in France. Consecutively, she graduated and obtained a Master of Science in Communications, with distinctions, at Imperial College, London.
Catherine Gabay serves as a voting member of the NomCom, and was selected by the Commercial and Business Users Constituency.
- Catherine Gabay worked as a systems engineer in image processing in Aerospatiale, Thomson CSF then Trilogie, from 1988 to 1994.
- In the period 1992 to 1994, she studied to receive a postgraduate professional degree in Industrial Marketing and a postgraduate professional degree in International Trade at CNAM (Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers) in Paris.
- In 1994, she joined France Telecom Worldwide Networks and Services as a project engineer of management systems (billing system and network management system).
- In 1996, she transferred to Global One, then joint venture between France Telecom, Deutsche Telekom and Sprint to follow the building of its international network and the developments of its services, as project Director of the billing system for all voice products.
- In September 1997, Ms Gabay became responsible for regulatory affairs in the Public Affairs department of France Telecom for the domains of numbering, naming, addressing and interconnection. She held responsibilities in these domains, both at the national and international levels.
- In May 2000, she joined the position of Director Regulatory Affairs of WANADOO SA. She was then in charge of regulatory and governance aspects of multimedia services and the Internet.
- She served as the Director of Innovation, Research and New Technologies of MEDEF, the French Business Confederation. She was in charge of subjects related to innovation, intellectual property and e-business.
- She also served as the Adviser of Information and Communication Technologies at French national Education Minister cabinet
- Currently she is Director of Regulatory and Public Affairs at FREE MOBILE.