Business & Leadership Experience
- Serial Entrepreneur, Investor and Mentor.
- Start-up Ventures in Retail, Wholesale, Industrial and Tech Internet sectors.
- Senior Management and Corporate Governance in Public, Private and Not-For-Profit sectors.
- Active Collaborator on International DNS Governance Policy development.
- Leadership roles as Investor, Senior Officer, Director and Board Chair in a variety of private and public sector SMEs and multi-stakeholder Not-For-Profit organizations.
- Mentor and Advisor to Entrepreneurs, Small Business and Professionals.
Canadian Internet Registry Authority CIRA ; Past-Chairman (ex-officio) 2007-2008; Chairman (elected annually); 2004-2006; Director (appointed) 2001-2006;
Fanshawe College; School of Information Technology College - Advisory Committee Member 2010-cont.
Aloak Inc. Domain Registrar, Web hosting & services - Founder, President & CEO 2000-2005
Canadian Association of Internet Providers CAIP - Director (elected) 2000–2003
Execulink Internet Services Ltd.(ISP) - Founder, President & CEO 1994-1999
Non-Internet Business Interests
Yorkland Investments Corp Private investment and holding company - Founder, Director & CEO 1982 – cont.
Maglin Site Furniture Inc. Commercial Site Furniture Manufacturer - Director & CEO 1995 – cont.
Honored by Canada's Minister of Industry and CANARIE, Canada's Advanced Internet organization, for contribution to the founding and building of the dot-ca domain. 2001
“There are few entrepreneurs like Clyde. He is a true visionary and has a great understanding of "the next big thing" on the internet. His selfless dedication on ICANN, and CIRA demonstrate his committment to the internet community as well.” February 17, 2011 Colin Campbell, CEO, Hostopia