"Far Better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt
- Serial Entrepreneur, Investor and Leader for 30 years.
- Start-up Ventures in Retail, Wholesale, Industrial and Tech Internet sectors.
- Senior Management and Corporate Governance in Public, Private and Not-For-Profit sectors.
- Active Collaborator on International DNS Governance Policy development.
- Leadership roles as Investor, Senior Officer, Director and Board Chair in a variety of private and
- public sector SMEs and multi-stakeholder Not-For-Profit organizations.
- Mentor and Advisor to Entrepreneurs, Small Business, Not-For-Profits and Professionals.
Occupation & Experience
Pro bono Activities
- Represented CIRA at 12 global ICANN conferences 2004-2008
- Independantly participated in 2 global ICANN conferences 2010-2011
- Canadian Internet Registry Authority CIRA The .CA Top-Level Domain
- - Past-Chairman (ex-officio) 2007-2008
- - Chairman (elected annually) 2004-2006
- - Director (appointed by Gov't of Canada) 2001-2006
- Fanshawe College; School of Information Technology College
- - Advisory Committee Member 2010-cont.
- Canadian Association of Internet Providers (ISP) CAIP
- - Director (elected) 2000-2003
Current Business Interests
- Yorkland Investments Corp - Private investment and holding company
- - Principal, Director & CEO 1982–cont.
- Maglin Site Furniture Inc. - Commercial Site Furniture Manufacturer
- - Principal, Director & CEO 1995–cont.
- Antris Registry Corp. - Web registry application in development
- - Principal, Director & CEO 2010-con't
Past Business Interests
- Aloak Inc. - Domain Registrar, Web Design & Hosting
- - Principal, President & CEO 2000-2005 successfully sold
- Execulink Internet Services Ltd. (ISP)
- - Principal, President & CEO 1994-1999 successfully sold
- Honored by Canada's Minister of Industry and CANARIE,
- Canada's Advanced Internet organization, for contribution to the founding and
- building of the dot-ca domain. 2001
- “There are few entrepreneurs like Clyde. He is a true visionary and has a