Cross Community Working Group on New Generic Top-Level Domains Auction Proceeds
|Cross Community Working Group on New Generic Top-Level Domains Auction Proceeds|
|Issue Areas:||New gTLDs|
|Date Established:||January 2017|
|Charter:||[ WG Charter]|
|Workspace:||[ Community Wiki]|
The Cross-Community Working Group on New gTLD Auction Proceeds was convened to develop a proposal for the mechanism to be used for the allocation of auction proceeds from the new gTLD program.
Within ICANN's New gTLD Program, auctions were established as a mechanism for resolving contention sets, or a group of applications containing identical or similar strings. Although the majority of contention sets were handled through pother means, 17 were resolved through ICANN Auctions, totaling $233.5 million USD in proceeds.
- ASO - no objections to current charter proposal and confirmed adoption
- ALAC – ratified charter on 7 November 2016
- ccNSO – adopted charter on 7 November 2016
- GAC - confirmed adoption of charter on 24 January 2017
- GNSO – adopted charter on 7 November 2017
- RSSAC - adopted charter on 1 December 2017
- SSAC - prepared to move forward with the current charter