|Type:||Private, Not-for-profit Cooperative|
|Sabine Dolderer, Member-Executive Board|
DENIC is responsible for managing the top-level domain .de(Germany). DENIC is a registered cooperative with its head office in Frankfurt am Main.
DENIC operates around 14 million domain names.
- 1996/December DENIC was formed as a Cooperative.
- 1997/July Business operations of DENIC changed from Karlsruhe to Frankfurt.
- 1999/October 1 million .de domains registered.
- 2000/July DENIC members reaches 100.
- 2005 DENIC Submits Bid for Management of .net top-level domain.
- 2006/June 10 million .de domains registered.
- 2009/October DENIC launches one- and two-character domains and domains composed exclusively of numerals.
Services offered by DENIC
DENIC manages Germany's top-level domain .de. There are around 14 million domain names with .de.