Difference between revisions of "Dyn"
|Line 63:||Line 63:|
Revision as of 15:19, 28 September 2011
|Headquarters:||Manchester, New Hampshire|
| Jeremy Hitchcock, CEO|
Dynamic Network Services, Inc., established in 1998 by a team of young technologists, is a company offering web hosting services and sophisticated web technology solutions. It is an IaaS and DNS services manager; they provide two different DNS platforms, one for individuals and small businesses, and the other for larger corporations. They claim to be the world's fastest growing provider of managed DNS.
Dyn's current clients include: Twitter, CNBC, Netflix, Photobucket, Gawker, Pandora, and Zappos. They all use their Dynect Platform.
Dyn began in 1998 as a free service running out of a college apartment, at that time they offered users a DNS service capable of hosting a website from a home computer. As business continued to grow, they had to change their business model to be donation based. From there they became a recurring revenue SaaS company, until they realized, in 2005, that many prominent corporations were using their exclusive suite of software. Thus, they further catered their services to the corporate market, reassessed their financial requirements, and began to offer more unique options for DNS solutions.
The company offers core engineering services specializing in Apache, Python, FreeBSD, OpenVPN and Perl.
Dynamic Network Services, Inc. maintain associations with the following organizations -
- Community College System of NH
- ABI (Amoskeag Business Incubator)
- Stay Work Play
- US First
Awards and Recognition
- Business New Hampshire Magazine recognized Dynamic Network Services as The Best Small Company to Work for in NH in December, 2010; it won the same distinction in 2007. It will also enter in the ‘Hall of Fame’ in the year 2011. It was also the 2nd Best Small Company to work for in NH in the year 2009
- In 2007, Dynamic Network Services got listed on Inc. 5000 list..
- In 4 years, from 2003 to 2007, the company’s growth rate was 208.7%; it was subsequently ranked 73rd in the list of "Top Companies in Telecommunications" in US by Trade Publication Inc. Overall, it ranked 11th in New Hampshire.
- Dynamic Network Services, Inc. received the Innovation Rocks! award from the New Hampshire Division of Economic Development’s Business Resource Center.
Dyn, Inc. was quickly wrapped up within the controversy of WikiLeaks' release of classified American documents as they provided web-hosting services for the site. Dyn stopped hosting Wikileaks on Dec. 2nd, 2010; Wikileaks had made its big release a month prior. Dyn has said it was forced to stop hosting the site after numerous DDoS attacks, which put its ability to provide for its other 500,000 customers in jeopardy. 
- New Hampshire Business Review
- Yahoo Finance
- North American Network Operators' Group
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
- Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group
- abi INNOVATION HUB
- New Hampshire High Technology Council
- NH business Resource Center