eNom was started in 1997 by founder and CEO, Paul Stahura. It is a technology provider in the domain name services industry.
eNom is the second largest domain registrar in the world with 80 million registered domain names(1). eNom's resellers are mostly web hosting and web development companies and use eNom's application programming interface (API) to buy and sell domain names on their own web sites, or eNom's hosted reseller solution - a customer retail website branded as the reseller's but hosted by eNom.
Their back-end systems can handle about 2 billion DNS queries a day(2), and maintains its name server constellation across six datacenters around the world. They forward over 11 million emails and block over 28 million spam messages every day.
In October, 2007, eNom sunsetted its drop catcher website (ClubDrop.com) to partner with (NetworkSolutions.com) to create the aftermarket auction venue (NameJet.com). NameJet became the auction venue for the expired domain inventory of Network Solutions.
The site auctions active names, dropped names, and names that are post-expiration. Much of the Network Solutions inventory is classified as "Pre-Release" names. Features include public auctions, private auctions, ascending-price and reverse auctions, proxy bidding, reserve price auctions, buy-it-now auctions.
eNom's reseller model
eNom sets up resellers two ways, through eNom's PDQ tool, a semi-customizable domain name selling kit, or through the API.
eNom resellers add revenue streams to their domain name businesses by offering eNom's Value Added Services (VAS). eNom's VAS products and services include web site hosting, web site creation kits, SSL Certificates, ID protection services, email services, website monitoring and traffic-counting tools.
- Sarah Akhtar, General Counsel
- Paul Stahura, Chief Strategy Officer
- Michael Blend, President
- Jeffrey Eckhaus, General Manager
- Chris Ambler, Chief Software Strategist
- Billy Watenpaugh, product manager and registry liaison
1. "World's Second-Largest Domain Name Registrar, eNom, Recognized by Inc. Magazine as One of America's 500 Fastest-Growing Private Companies" Highbeam Research. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
2. "Paul Stahura | CrunchBase Profile" CrunchBase. Retrieved September 24, 2010.