|Organization:||Habari Node Ltd, AFAM Limited|
Erik Rowberg is the Managing Director of Habari Node Ltd, Founding member and Chairman of TISPA (Tanzania Internet Service Provider Association), Vice-Chairman of tzNIC Policy Advisory Committee (TzNIC manages all .tz domains) and Chairman of Arusha Internet Exchange
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
As the Managing Director of an Internet Service Company, Erik Rowberg supported the ICANNWiki edit-a-thon event held in Arusha in 2016 by providing free internet service.
1973- 1977 B. Sc Mathematics Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, USA
- Putnam Examination Team (Math problem solving competition)
- Cross-country team 4 years.
1970-1973 High School Diploma, University High School, Spokane, WA USA
- Senior Class President
- Captain Cross Country and Track Teams
The Training Component of the Maasai Health Services Project, Tanzania Community Participation: The Maasai Health Services Project, Tanzania
- Built the ISP (Habari Node PLC) from dial up to ADSL , wireless, and fibre optic ,and GePON, changing technologies as needed,
- Created commercial software (Accounting,HRM,Payroll,) widely used in Tanzania.
- Managed several companies and organizations.
- Created broadband network involving wireless, DSL, and fibre.
- Founding member of TISPA (Tanzania Internet Service Provider’s Association), on board, Currently Chairman (2017 to date)
- Vice Chairman TzNIC Policy Advisory Committee (TzNIC manages all .tz domains)
- Chairman of Arusha Internet Exchange
- Built masonry vaulted roofs.