|Stakeholder Group(s):||Private Sector - Domain Name Industry|
Graeme Bunton has been an Information Specialist at Tucows since February 2011, where he works in business intelligence, analytics, and reporting. He is also a Senior Web Presence Consultant at nModel Solutions Inc in Toronto. Bunton was an original member of Citizen Lab, a Toronto-based digital rights think tank.
Graeme is involved with ICANN through the Registrar Stakeholder Group and has been involved with IRTP-D since ICANN 46 in Beijing. In May 2013, he said the following about the GAC's safeguard during the ICANN New gTLD Board Committee's request for comment: "The GAC is proposing restrictions upon the new gTLDs which have not been imposed on their own ccTLDs." He serves as Vice Chair of the group's Executive Committee (Excom) since October 2015; the term is set to expire in 2016. According to ICANN, "The Vice-Chair assumes leadership of the Registrar Stakeholder Group in the absence of the Chairman; monitors and reports on technical issues related to the domain name system; reports on activities of interest and importance to the Registrar Stakeholder Group."
- Graeme Bunton SOI at ICANN
- Graeme Bunton's author archive at Tucows
- 3-U.S. says inaction on online piracy risks public safety (March 5, 2015), Reuters
- US Trade Office Wants ICANN and Governments To Help Stamp Out Online Counterfeit Goods by David Goldstein (March 6, 2015), Domain Pulse
- Help save domain privacy by Graeme Bunton (June 30, 2015), OpenSRS
- Inside the 'Notorious' Canadian Internet Company Targeted by the US Government by Jordan Pearson (March 20, 2015), Vice News. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- Registrar Stakeholder Group Members, ICANN. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- ICANNWiki Interview, July 2013.
- Is the ICANN GAC right? It depends on who you ask (May 20, 2013), Domain News Africa. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- Meet the Registrar Stakeholder Group Staff, ICANN. Retrieved December 14, 2015.