Heike Jensen is a researcher and lecturer at Department of Gender Studies of Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany. She focuses on media theories, media politics and media strategies, women’s movements and women’s organizations, globalization and global governance. Heike’s volunteer work is dedicated to promoting women. She is a member of several NGOs, from TERRE DES FEMMES.
Heike attended Free University (Berlin, Germany), the University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, USA), Brown University (Providence, USA), the International Women's University 2000 (Hamburg, Germany) and Humboldt University for her doctorate.
- Speaker at Congress "Femme Globale" on 9 September 2005.
- Speaker at Third Annual GigaNet Symposium 2 December 2008 in Hyderabad, Indi.
- Attended 34th ICANN meeting on 1-6 march, 2009 in mexico.
- Organizer of telephonic conference "At-Large Summit: Power Issues in New gTLDs: Gender, Development, and Big Business" on 03 March,2009.
- ALS Representative to At-Large Summiton 1st December,2009.
She is a member of International Committee against Stoning. Member of the gender research team of the Open Net Initiative ONI Asia. She represents a women's rights organization as an At-Large Structure at ICANN. She is a member of Women's Networking Support Program of the Association for Progressive Communications (APC WNSP), Global Internet Governance Academic Network (GigaNet) and International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR).
Heike is author of: