ICANN 40 - San Francisco
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dates:||13-18 March 2011|
|Location:||Silicon Valley, San Francisco|
|Venue:||The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square|
ICANN 40 was held in Silicon Valley between 13 and 18 March, 2011. The meeting was hosted at The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square
- CISO Roundtable, held on 14 March
- The main agenda of this meetings was Discussion of building pathways for engagement with CISO community.
- Technical Evolution of WHOIS
- This was a followup session to a workshop convened at the ICANN 39. This session was about IRIS and RWS, as explained by the experts. Authors and implementors of IRIS and RWS were invited to give presentations.
- New gTLD Program: Discussion of Issues Identified by Governmental Advisory Committee
- This session was an opportunity for public discussion on the set of issues identified by the GAC at the GAC Communique at ICANN 39.
- Consultation between ICANN Board and the GAC held on 15 March
- In this session GAC and Board of Directors discussed issues pertaining to the introduction of new gTLDs and the proposed delegation of .xxx to the ICM registry. The new gTLDs were approved at ICANN 41.
Platinum Elite: NeuStar