Difference between revisions of "IRT"
(→Members of IRT Team)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The '''Recommendation Team''' is a working group composed of international experts with relevant knowledge and experience in the field of consumer protection and trademark issues and laws. It was created by the [[IPC|Intellectual Property Constituency]] of the [[Generic Names Supporting Organization|GNSO]] in compliance with the [[ICANN Board]] Resolution on March 6, 2009. Its main objective is to develop recommendations that will help resolve the issues concerning trademark protection in connection with the introduction of new generic top level domain names ([[gTLD]]s). <ref>[http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-06mar09.htm Adopted Board Resolutions|Mexico, March 6, 2009:Protection for Trademarks in New gTLDs
==Members of IRT Team==
==Members of IRT Team==
Revision as of 21:59, 19 September 2011
The Implementation Recommendation Team is a working group composed of international experts with relevant knowledge and experience in the field of consumer protection and trademark issues and laws. It was created by the Intellectual Property Constituency of the GNSO in compliance with the ICANN Board Resolution on March 6, 2009. Its main objective is to develop recommendations that will help resolve the issues concerning trademark protection in connection with the introduction of new generic top level domain names (gTLDs). 
The establishment of the IRT was a result of a public discussion regarding the implementation models of new gTLDs during the 34th ICANN Meeting in Mexico City on March 1-6, 2009. During the discussions, the IPC and different internet stakeholders voiced their concerns over trademark protection issues and the costs associated with the implementation of new gTLDs such as the application fee of $135,000 stated in the New gTLD Applicant Guidebook. Subsequently, the ICANN Board authorized the creation of the IRT to tackle & identify the problems related to trademark protection and recommend solutions. The IRT was developed by members of the IPC. Caroline G. Chicoine] served as Chairman of the team. The ICANN Board instructed IRT to release its draft report to the internet community on April 24, 2009 and the final report on May 24, 2009 for public comments.
On March 24, 2009, IRT conducted its first administrative meeting (teleconference) and formulated its working rules and agenda for future meetings.The teams first face to face meeting was held in Washington D.C. on April 1-2, 2009.
Members of IRT Team
The members of the IRT include:
- Caroline G. Chicoine, Practicing Attorney- Fredrikson & Byron
- Mette M. Andersen, Corporate Counsel- LEGO Juris A/S
- Jonathan Cohen, Senior Partner- Shapiro Cohen]]
- J. Scott Evans, Senior Director ‐ Legal, Yahoo! Inc.
- Zahid Jamil, Barrister‐at‐law-Jamil & Jamil
- Stacey King, Intellectual Property Lawyer-Richemont
- Hector Ariel Manoff, Head-Intellectual Property Department- Vitale, Manoff & Feilbogen
- Jeff Neuman, Vice President, Law & Policy-Neustar, Inc.
- Jon Nevett, Vice President, Chief Policy Counsel- Network Solutions Inc.
- Russell Pangborn, Managing Attorney- Microsoft Corporation
- Mark Partridge, Partner- Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard & Geraldson LLP
- Kristina Rosette, Special Counsel- Covington & Burling LLP
- Ellen B. Shankman, Attorney at Law- Ellen B. Shankman & Associate
- David Taylor, Partner, Intellectual Property, Media & Technology- Lovells LLP
- Kiyoshi I. Tsuru, Tsuru, Morales & Tsuru ABOGADOS, S.C.
- Fabricio Vayra, Counsel, Intellectual Property- Time Warner Inc.
- Mary W.S. Wong, Professor of Law- Franklin Pierce Law Cente
- Nick Wood, Managing Director- Com Laud
- Rita Rodin Johnston, ICANN Board
- Bruce Tonkin, ICANN Board
- Steve Metalitz, IPC President
- Claudio diGangi, IPC Vice President
- Mark Bohannon, IPC Treasurer
- Sam Mosenkis, IPC Secretary