The Internet Recommendation Team is a working group composed of international experts with relevant knowledge and experience in the field of consumer protection and trademark issues and laws. It was created by the Intellectual Property Constituency of the GNSO in compliance with the ICANN Board Resolution on March 6, 2009. Its main objective is to develop recommendations that will help resolve the issues concerning trademark protection in connection with the introduction of new generic top level domain names (gTLDs). 
Members of IRT Team
The members of the IRT include:
- Caroline G. Chicoine, Practicing Attorney- Fredrikson & Byron
- Mette M. Andersen, Corporate Counsel- LEGO Juris A/S
- Jonathan Cohen, Senior Partner- Shapiro Cohen]]
- J. Scott Evans, Senior Director ‐ Legal, Yahoo! Inc.
- Zahid Jamil, Barrister‐at‐law-Jamil & Jamil
- Stacey King, Intellectual Property Lawyer-Richemont
- Hector Ariel Manoff, Head-Intellectual Property Department- Vitale, Manoff & Feilbogen
- Jeff Neuman, Vice President, Law & Policy-Neustar, Inc.
- Jon Nevett, Vice President, Chief Policy Counsel- Network Solutions Inc.
- Russell Pangborn, Managing Attorney- Microsoft Corporation
- Mark Partridge, Partner- Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard & Geraldson LLP
- Kristina Rosette, Special Counsel- Covington & Burling LLP
- Ellen B. Shankman, Attorney at Law- Ellen B. Shankman & Associate
- David Taylor, Partner, Intellectual Property, Media & Technology- Lovells LLP
- Kiyoshi I. Tsuru, Tsuru, Morales & Tsuru ABOGADOS, S.C.
- Fabricio Vayra, Counsel, Intellectual Property- Time Warner Inc.
- Mary W.S. Wong, Professor of Law- Franklin Pierce Law Cente
- Nick Wood, Managing Director- Com Laud
- Rita Rodin Johnston, ICANN Board
- Bruce Tonkin, ICANN Board
- Steve Metalitz, IPC President
- Claudio diGangi, IPC Vice President
- Mark Bohannon, IPC Treasurer
- Sam Mosenkis, IPC Secretary