|Email:||jbladel [at] godaddy.com|
James Bladel is the Vice President of Policy at GoDaddy, where he represents the company in ICANN and ccTLD policy development. Bladel is also currently the Chair of the GNSO Council. He was elected in late November 2015. He is currently serving his second term as the North American representative for Registrars on the GNSO Council, through November 2017, and is one of three GNSO delegates to the IANA Coordination Group.
Mr. Bladel's continued participation at ICANN meetings includes updating the community, especially the Registrar Stakeholder Group, on PDP, Working Groups, and other similar issues. He has made presentations at ICANN Seoul, ICANN Nairobi, and ICANN Sydney. Mr. Bladel was also responsible for unveiling GoDaddy's new DNS service at ICANN Cartagena. The service allows the average domain name owners to implement DNSSEC without having to worry about manually generating or managing cryptographic keys.
He has expressed personal views that ICANN constantly strive to hold meetings in areas that can attract large numbers of attendees in order to better make meaningful and significant decisions. He also hopes that ICANN continues to address and improve its resources for those individuals partaking in Remote Participation.
Other ICANN activities:
- WHOIS Study Group
- Fast Flux PDP WG
- PPSC (PDP)
- High Security Zone Advisory Group
- Zone Data Access Advisory Group
- Accountability and Transparency Review Team (ATRT1)
- WHOIS Review Team (RT4)
- 2013 RAA Negotiating Team (RAA-NT)
- Standing Committee for Improvements (SCI)
- Treasurer, Registrar Stakeholder Group (RrSG)
- Policy / Implementation WG
- Cross-Community Working Group (CCWG)
- GNSO Council (Registrars, N. America) (Term ends Nov 2015)
- IANA Transition Coordination Group
Other Industry Groups
- Board of Directors, dotMEn, d.o.o. (dot ME)
- Board of Directors, CSIP
- US Delegation WCIT-12
- US Delegation PP-14