Mike O'Connor got involved with the Internet when he was the Controller and Administrative CIO for the University of Minnesota in the late '80's. He later went on to found a high-speed ISP in the mid-90's. He is interested in gTLDs.
Work in Broadcasting
He founded WORT-FM, a community radio station in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. He was also involved with KUSP in Santa Cruz, KDNA in St Louis, KFAI in Minneapolis, WEFT in Chambana and was a co-founder of the National Federation of Community Broadcasters in Washington, DC.
ICANN meetings Attended
- Los Angeles
- Nairobi (remote participation: Reston, VA)
- San Francisco
He received his MBA in Finance operations from S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management in Cornell University in 1979. He received his BA in Economics from Grinnell College in 1972.
GNSO Working Groups and ICANN Advisory Committees
- DSSA -- Joint DNS Security and Stability Analysis
- Vertical Integration -- Vertical Integration
- IRTP -- Inter Registrar Transfer Policy (many versions -- currently IRTP-B)
- RAP -- Registration Abuse Policies
- PEDNR -- Post Expiration Domain Name Recovery
- Fast Flux
- HSTLD -- High Security TLD Program Advisory Committee
- ZFA -- Zone File Access Advisory Committee
==Statement of Interest