Mike O'Connor got involved with internet when he was the Controller and Administrative CIO for the University of Minnesota in the late '80's. Then he went on to found a high-speed ISP in the mid-90's. His other interest was generic domain names.
Work in Broadcasting
He founded a community stations in the early 70's (WORT-FM) in Madison. He got involved with KUSP in Santa Cruz, KDNA in St Louis, KFAI in Minneapolis, WEFT in Chambana and was a co-founder of the National Federation of Community Broadcasters.
ICANN meetings Attended
- Los Angeles
He received his MBA in Finance operations from S.C. Johnson Graduate School of Management in Cornell University in 1979. He received his BA in Economics from Grinnell College in 1972.
GNSO Working Groups and ICANN Advisory Committees
- IRTP -- Inter Registrar Transfer Policy (many versions -- currently IRTP-B)
- RAP -- Registration Abuse Policies
- PEDNR -- Post Expiration Domain Name Recovery
- Fast Flux
- High Security TLD Verification Program Advisory Committee
- Zone File Access Advisory Committee