While studying at the University of Minnesota, Mike was a Student Director of Wagner Labor & Employment Law Moot Court, and President of the Lambda Law Student Association.
As a student attorney he got involved a civil rights case against the State of Minnesota, a case which he later won. Mr. Zupke was an intern at the U.S. Attorney General's office and helped resolve diverse Internet domain name trademark disputes. After graduating, he started his own business, inPrivity, that provided outsourced legal research.
He joined ICANN in October 2005, first working in compliance enforcement, later with domain registrants, and now as head of the Registrar Services team, which is within the within the Global Domains Division.
- University of Minnesota Law School
- Ithaca College
- Registerfly on the fly, ICANN on the run by Burke Hansen (February 19, 2007), The Register
- ICANN mulls registrar changes after RegisterFly debacle by Juan Carlos Perez (June 27, 2007), The Washington Post (or ABC News, InfoWorld)
- Domain Roundtable Dazzles Audience with High Tech Trade Show and Live Auction Twists (pg. 2), DN Journal
- Iron Mountain to Provide Additional Audit Services for Registrar Data Deposits to ICANN by Frank Michlick (March 22, 2010), Domain Name News
- ICANN Registrar Accreditation (February 4, 2014), Middle East DNS Forum (PDF)