|Stakeholder Group(s):||Technical Community|
|Region:||Latin America and the Caribbean|
Nicolas Butler is a Telematics engineer, passionate about innovation and technology, seasoned in web development, UI/UX, networking and Agile methodologies. Since 2013 he works at LACNIC, the Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry, developing software applications to support the management of internet resources in the region. He is also an ISOC member and attended IETF and LACNIC meetings.
The Latin American & Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry (2013-Present )
Drive software development efforts as a key member of the LACNIC engineering team. Design software applications to support the management of internet resources and networks. Research and analyze internet implementation methods throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Deliver presentations at industry conferences and events, including technical presentations on projects LACNIC leads throughout the Latin American region.
- Implement Agile/Scrum methodologies to gather business and technical requirements and during software development processes.
- Test and recommend new software technologies to continuously deliver quality software products.
IBM Uruguay (2012 - 2013)
Gathered customer requirements and specific needs related to needed hardware and software solutions as a key member of the pre-sales team. Promoted IBM products and solutions by delivering in-person presentations to groups.
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
- IETF 95 Buenos Aires
- LACNIC meetings (23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
- Bachelor of Science in Telematics Engineering - University of Montevideo