|Nicolas Giraud, General Manager |
Jan Jansen, Operations
Geert Debyser, Development
Hans Seeuws, Communications
The company was founded by Jan Jansen, Geert Debyser and Hans Seeuws, who became part of the successful creation and operation of the .be and .eu registries. OpenRegistry is also involved in the development of policies for various country code top level domains (ccTLDs), such as .fr, .tm, .ac, .sh, and .io.
The company offers the following services:
- Consultancy services for entities that wish to apply for new gTLDs with ICANN, starting with feasibility studies, identifying operational and business criteria, marketing and technical requirements, legal assistance, implementation and launch, and continuous assistance.
- OpenRegistry Software- The company offers flexibility, security, stability, trademark and data protection for its clients. The OpenRegistry Software offers the following features:
- Capable of supporting non-latin domains, IPv6, and DNSSEC
- It has all the technical functions required by ICANN
- 100% free and open source database system (PostGres)
- Hosted, licenced or managed models
- It complies with RFCs for registration, resolution, and Whois information
- It offers more 270 conﬁguration options, to meet any and all policy or technical needs
- Built-in rights protection mechanisms
- Real-time information on the demographics of each web site’s visitors
OpenRegistry and ICANN
OpenRegistry is an active participant in the activities and meetings of ICANN. During the ICANN 39 meeting at Cartagena De Indias, OpenRegistry announced the launching of its fully flexible and licensable new gTLD solutions. Jan Jansen, in charge of operations of the company, explained that the software is open and can be edited to exactly meet the needs of its clients. At the ICANN 40 meeting in San Francisco, OpenRegistry and SX Registry SA jointly announced that both companies will manage and operate the .sx ccTLD for Sint Maarten.
New gTLD Services
It was noted in April, 2012, before the application period for ICANN's new gTLD program closed, that OpenRegistry had been contracted by some 15 clients to provide the technical registry backend services for over 20 new gTLD applications. At that time, it was known that these included Deloitte (.deloitte), KPN Telecom (.kpn), LPL Financial (.lpl), and the city of Ghent (.gent). A major American city and some generic terms were also associated with OpenRegistry.
- About OpenRegistry
- OpenRegistry Latest Player in the new TLD Market, DomainIncite.com
- Application Details, Application Status, gTLDResult .ICANN.org
- OpenRegistry Software
- Press Release
- OpenRegistry Behind 20 new gTLD Apps, DomainIncite.com
- Leuvense Start Up Haalt Contracten binnen Voor Deloitte en KPN, DataNews.Knack.be