|Michael Riedl, CEO |
Oliver Fries, Technical Director
OpenRegistry - a member of the KeyDrive Group - provides together with KSRegistry back-end technology solutions for registrars, such as new generic top level domain names (gTLD) registration systems, and DNSSEC solutions. The company was founded by Jan Jansen who became part of the successful creation and operation of the .be and .eu registries.
The company offers the following services:
- Consultancy services for entities that wish to apply for new gTLDs with ICANN, starting with feasibility studies, identifying operational and business criteria, marketing and technical requirements, legal assistance, implementation and launch, and continuous assistance.
- OpenRegistry Software- The company offers flexibility, security, stability, trademark and data protection for its clients. The OpenRegistry Software offers the following features:
- Capable of supporting non-latin domains, IPv6, and DNSSEC
- It has all the technical functions required by ICANN
- 100% free and open source database system (PostGres)
- Hosted, licenced or managed models
- It complies with RFCs for registration, resolution, and Whois information
- Built-in rights protection mechanisms
- Real-time information on the demographics of each web site’s visitors
OpenRegistry and ICANN
OpenRegistry is an active participant in the activities and meetings of ICANN. At the ICANN 40 meeting in San Francisco, OpenRegistry and SX Registry SA jointly announced that both companies will manage and operate the .sx ccTLD for Sint Maarten.
OpenRegistry provides the technical registry backend services for 18 TLDs - including 2 2nd level ccTLDs (co.nl and co.no). . Apart from .sx the company provides backend services for Deloitte (.deloitte), KPN Telecom (.kpn), LPL Financial (.lpl), the city of Ghent (.gent)., .ADAC, .LIDL, and DHL. Together with KSregistry the two companies provide services for 34 TLDs.
Acquisition by KeyDrive Group
On January 4th 2017 NCC Group announced the sale of the OpenRegistry group of companies http://irservices.netbuilder.com/ir/ncc/newsArticle.php?id=2016700&ST=NCC