Root Zone Evolution Review Committee
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
The Root Zone Evolution Review Committee (RZERC) reviews proposed architectural changes to the content of the DNS root zone, the systems including both hardware and software components used in executing changes to the DNS root zone, and the mechanisms used for distribution of the DNS root zone. The RZERC was formed as a result of the IANA Functions Stewardship Transition. As such, it is not an ICANN Bylaws committee.
The RZERC is made up of:
- One ICANN Board member
- One senior IANA Function Operator administrator or their delegate
- The Chair or delegate of the Security and Stability Advisory Committee
- The Chair or delegate of the Root Server System Advisory Committee
- The Chair or delegate of the Address Supporting Organization
- The Chair or delegate of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- A representative selected by the Registries Stakeholder Group of the Generic Names Supporting Organization
- A representative selected by the Country Code Names Supporting Organization
- A representative of the organization identified to serve as the Root Zone Maintainer