Difference between revisions of "Vanda Scartezini"
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
[[Category:Former ICANN Board]]
[[Category:Former ICANN Board]]
Revision as of 15:12, 11 June 2021
Vanda Scartezini is an Electronics Engineer. She is Co-Founder and Partner at Polo Consultores, an IT consulting company established in 1985 in Brazil, as well as a Partner at IT TREND Consulting, established in 2008. She is also the CEO and Chair of the Board at ALTIS, a Software & Service outsourcing company; Vice President at NEXTi, an NGO bringing together women in executive IT positions in Brazil; Chairman of the Board at FITEC, an ICT and energy innovation center; and a Member of the Board at Instituto de Pesquisas Eldorado, an IC Research Institution.
She has served on the SSAC, which elected her to the Nominating Committee as a member. Vanda was also a part of the committee responsible for the Fellowship Program, where she served from 2006 until 2010.
On 30th September 2009, Scartezini was elected the ALAC Liaison to the ICANN Board for 2009/2010. She took up her position at the ICANN Board Meeting in Seoul, South Korea, and served until the close of the third ICANN Meeting of 2010. From December 2007 until November 2009, she served as ALAC's Vice-Chair, representing the Latin American and Caribbean region. From December 2004 until December 2007, Vanda served on the ICANN Board of Directors.
From 2000 until March 2004, Vanda was the Brazilian representative in the GAC. She also served as GAC Vice Chair until March 2004.
Vanda founded the NGO NEXTi in late 2008. She has been Chair of the Board and CEO at ALTIS since 2005 and Chairman of the Board at FITEC since 2003.
Scartezini has previously served the Brazilian Government's Ministry of Industry & Commerce as National Secretary of Industrial Technology (1995 – 1996) and as National Secretary of Information Technology (1999 – 2003). She has also served as President of the Brazilian Patent Office and as Special ICT Advisor to the State of Sao Paulo Development Secretariat. Earlier in her career, she worked Sid Microeletrônica S/A from July 1986 until January 1995, in various managerial and executive positions. From 1977 to 1986, Vanda worked with Telebras Research and Development Center.
Vanda studied Electrical Engineering at Centro Universitário do Instituto Mauá de Tecnologia from 1966 until 1970.
Among others, Scartezini has received the following awards and recognitions:
- The ICT Most Influent Woman in the Country by Gazeta Mercantil (2007)
- The 30 Years Best Automation Women Executives by Brazilian Banking Association (2006)
- Honorary Member of the Brazilian e-Commerce Association (2004)
- Public Personality of the Year by Brazilian e-Commerce Association (2003)
- Honorary Citizen of Rio de Janeiro by State Chamber of Representatives, for promoting Digital Inclusion and Software Development (2002)
- Honorary Member of the Brazilian National Software Companies Association (2001)
- Software & Services & Internet Companies Association (2001)
- IT Personality of the Year by ASSESPRO (2001)
- ICT Personally of the Year by Telecom Infrastructure Association (2001)
- Technology Benefactor of Brazilian Army (1998)